Are you looking for some ideas to enjoy Summer in Paris with your kids? Here is a simple list of 5 Paris Summer activities for kids that the Yoyo Moms enjoy doing in the City of Lights! If you have any other suggestions we would love to hear from you!
1. Paris Plage – the beach in Paris for locals and tourists is a big success particularly on the Canal de l’Ourcq. Each year there are more and more new animations and activities for kids and adults. Some highlights include: The Café Pavillon des Canaux, the adorable house that offers an excellent wifi connection and is just right for an afternoon coffee or tea with cake; the tyrolienne where kids can climb and glide across the canal; and the bumper boats for small kids. TIP: in order to sign up for several free activities we suggest arriving around 12h30 and waiting in line to reserve your spot. If the activities are all full (which is often the case!) there is an excellent playground for kids ages 2 – 7 years old, the classic French game pétanque for young and old, the merry-go-round, the MK2 cinemas (which often play in original version!), and also the electric boat rentals with Marin d’eau douce.
2. Play Fountains – Paris is springing up with various play fountains that are ideal for cooling down in hot weather. If it feels like a heat wave and you are looking for an easy central place to cool off we recommend the Place de la Republique with their newly renovated play fountain perfect for toddlers and older kids. There is also the Café Monde et Médias right next door and it’s easy to take a stroll down Canal Saint Martin before or afterwards. We also love the Parc André-Citroën with their giant play fountain perfect for getting even more wet!
Café Monde et Médias
18, place de la République, 75010 Paris
Renseignements et réservation : 01 42 06 44 07
Ouvert 7 jours sur 7, de 7h à 2h du matin
Parc André Citroën
2 rue Cauchy
Métro : Javel André-Citroën (ligne 10) ou Balard (ligne 8)
3. The Jardin d’Acclimatation – Of course there is always Disneyland and the Park Asterix not far away from Paris, however, sometimes we prefer staying more local and going to the Jardin d’Acclimatation in the 16th arrondisement. For kids of various ages, the Jardin d’Acclimatation has amusement park style rides, animals, puppet shows, and a playground. This summer they are also offering some really cool kids workshops by the Maison Eugénie.
Le Jardin d’Acclimatation
Bois de Boulogne, 75016 Paris
Open everyday from April – September 10h – 19h
Entry for adults and kids ages 3 and up: 3€
Les Ateliers de la Maison Eugénie
From 3 to 10 years old depending on the workshop – From 10h to 12h and from 14h to 16h
Tarifs : from 22 € to 50 € (Trois formules : un atelier simple – un atelier + déjeuner – deux ateliers + déjeuner) Entrée au Jardin comprise. Inscriptions: 01 40 67 99 05 or by email at email@example.com
4. De l’ère des dinosaures à l’ère de glace – For a very fun inside experience, we are looking forward to visiting this installation that everyone has been talking about… a must-visit for all dinosaur lovers!
From July 5, 2014 through August 31, 2014
Parc des Expositions de la Porte de Versailles
Every day from 10h – 19h
Tarifs: 12,90€ – 14,90€
5. La Fête Foraine des Tuileries – because the Tuilleries park is very central and conveniently located next to the Louvre museum, it’s hard not to miss a trip to this Fête Foraine. Young kids particularly enjoy the trampolines with or without bungie cords, the large ferris wheel for a spectacular view in the day or at night. If your budget is tight, you can also enjoy walking around the park and hanging out at the large playground in the Tuilleries Park.
The Fête Foraine is open everyday from Saturday June 28, 2014 – August 24, 2014
If you are looking for more cultural ideas for activities in Paris with your kids, don’t forget to read our article, “Top 5 Paris Exhibitions for Kids this Summer“!
This post is also available in: French