It’s extremely cold in Paris. Winter is in full force and even if Spring is just around the corner, we are still in hibernation mode.
Are you sick and tired of staying at home? Are you looking for something to do with your children while in Paris during winter? Here are a few unique ideas to inspire you to go out and enjoy the city even when it’s freezing cold! The kids will definitely be happy to get some energy out and there are so many fun activities to do, whether in Winter or Spring!
1. Nordic Swimming – Children will surely find swimming outdoors in a heated pool a unique and memorable experience. If this Scandinavian style activity is not for you, the Butte aux Cailles also has an indoor swimming pool.
Piscine de la Butte aux Cailles
5, place Paul Verlaine 75013 PARIS
M° Corvisart, ligne 6
Téléphone : 01 45 89 60 05
For info, the outdoor pool will reopen on March 2nd due to reparations.
2. Room for Children – Discover the Swedish Institute’s creative space for parents and children (from 0 – 10 years old) with a library as well as painting, embroidery and sculpting workshops. Hello “lagom” here we come!
11 rue Payenne
3. Under the Magnifying Glass, from Monet to Ai Weiwei – After the very successful exhibition dedicated to Space Invaders, the Musée en Herbe has just launched a new “investigation” exhibition by Damian Elwes, which invites children to discover the greatest artists from the 19th century up until the present day. I highly recommend the guided tour that finishes with a workshop. However, this will usually be conducted in French!
La musée en Herbe
23 Rue de l’Arbre Sec
Tél : 01 40 67 97 66
4. Pasteur, l’expérimentateur – The Palais de la Découverte has recently opened a new, interactive exhibition dedicated to some of the greatest scientific discoveries with an emphasis on the works of Louis Pasteur. Kids ages 9 and up, will enjoy watching films, using interactive stations, and recreating scenes from Pasteur’s work with animated models and an optical theater.
Palais de la découverte
Avenue Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Everyday except Monday until August 19, 2018
THE ideal cinema for kids ages 2 – 14 years old happens to be the Pathé La Villette. In partnership with LEGO, moviegoers can opt to sit in the standard cinema seats or on the colorful sofas and bean bags. Kids can also play in a small area full of LEGO. After a film, there is also the Vill’Up shopping centre just footsteps away, which also offers attractions including iFLY (for flying!) and Yoo Moov (for 3D virtual games). If you have a lot of time on your hands, then you can also save the best for last and head to the Cité des sciences. 😉
Salle Môme ! Pathé La Villette
30 avenue Corentin Cariou
6. Ground Control – A gigantic center (quite hipster!) dedicated to visual and creative art, yoga for children and adults, art workshops, and a children’s play and discovery area.
“Ground Control is a multidisciplinary, independent place of life that occupies a special place in the Parisian landscape. It is a place of conviviality and sharing, where you can have a drink or a bite to eat. Ground Control welcomes groups of friends, large families or people on their own in search of solidarity. It is a place of creation and cultural and artistic diffusion, a place of experimentation and discovery around life in the city and living well together. ”
81, rue du Charolais
Métro: Gare de Lyon / Reuilly-Diderot Wednesday – Friday from noon – midnight
Sunday: 11AM- 10PM
7. Galerie Party – Acte II. Liu Bolin – This year is the 40th anniversary of the Pompidou Center and for the occasion, the center is inviting children from ages 4 years old and up to participate in a giant birthday celebration. For Act II, the Chinese artist Liu Bolin (aka “The Invisible Man”), intervenes to create a play space. Known for his wild methods of camouflage, the Studio GGSV imagines a classic game of disguise with a space full of textiles where children can make their costumes and disappear into the environment.
Galerie des Enfants
8. Bam Karaoké Box – To warm up the body and also the voice, children from 5 years old and up can participate in a karaoke session in a private room. A collaborative playlist can be prepared in advance on the website and kids will surely have an unforgettable time singing their hearts out.
Pour réchauffer le corps et aussi la voix, les enfants à partir de 5 ans et surtout les ados peuvent participer à une séance de karaoké dans une salle privatisée. Le playlist collaborative peut être preparer en avance sur l’espace client, et les enfants vont surement passé un moment inoubliable à chanter à haut voix.
30 rue Richer
50 rue d’Aboukir
40 Avenue de la République
Photo principale : © GGSV
This post is also available in: French