This summer the kids are having loads of fun and they have practically forgotten all about school! Although reading is a daily passion, I must admit that picking up a pen and paper are rather rare.
In order, to give them daily or weekly practice in writing, I’ve been making them journals to record their adventures. Sometimes making the journals is just as fun as writing in them! With a couple of inexpensive store bought journals we’ve transformed and personalized our books to make them into special souvenirs. For younger and older kids, I made a sheet of various words and tags that can be printed, cut and pasted. This sheet helps provide kids with creative ideas to add photos, make drawings, and create content for their very own cute DIY journals. Here is a pdf copy of this handmade page that you can download and print.
For the journal cover I used an old map and a few printed images to make a special collage design. The kids also enjoyed making embroidery around the collage. I hope you enjoy the results! I would love to see yours!
Here is what you will need to make your very own DIY Travel Journal for you or your kids:
– Journal or Notebook (any size will do!)
– Printable .PDF Page (you can download this here!)
– Paper or Cardboard Stock
– Washi tape or scotch tape
– Glue stick
– Pencils or Pens (we used pencils in order to erase any mistakes)
– Paper bags for adding souvenirs such as train tickets, stickers, photos, etc. (optional)
For the cover or inside
– Old Magazines, Maps, and/or Postcards
– Embroidery thread (optional)
Enjoy making your very own travel journal! Happy Summer Vacation!
This post is also available in: French