It’s starting to look a lot like Christmas and also the end of 2017. The night sky arrives way too early and baby it’s sure cold outside! The Parisian streets are shining bright with festive lights and it happens to be one of the best moments for family outings. Discovering a new theatre play, drinking hot chocolate, or simply strolling along the streets and admiring the festive, winter atmosphere is the way to go. Here are a few original ideas of 5 kid friendly activities to enjoy with the family!
Have a lovely vacation!
1. Le Festival du Merveilleux – The Musée des Arts Forains is a magical and somewhat unknown spot to visit. The museum is open from December 26, 2017 until Sunday January 7, 2018. In order to visit, a reservation is a must. You will discover story tellers, magicians, jugglers, arial dancers, acrobats, musicians, puppet masters and other artists discovered by Jean Paul Favand. The show includes images, sound and the latest digital technological effects.
Le Musée des Arts Forain
53 avenue des Terroirs de France
2. Kapla Workshops – Constructing with Kapla blocks can be enjoyable, challenging and creative for all ages. During the Christmas vacation, Paris’ Hotel de Ville is holding an exhibition entirely dedicated to Kapla. Kids can sign up for free and enjoy Kapla Christmas workshops.
Hôtel de Ville
29 rue de Rivoli
3. Galeries Lafayette Christmas Windows – Take a blast to the past and relive your own childhood by viewing the intricately decorated Parisian department store’s windows. This tradition can be a fun idea to mix with a bit of shopping during the after Christmas sales.
Boulevard Haussmann, Paris, France
4. Charléty sur neige – It isn’t actually snowing in Paris right now, however it is at the Charléty Stadium! In this Paris stadium, children ages 3-16 years old can enjoy sledding, zip lining and other fun winter activities until January 5, 2018.
1 Avenue Pierre de Coubertin 75013 Paris
RER : Cité Universitaire
Tél. : 01 44 16 60 00
11AM – 6PM
5. MMO – Ma Mère l’Oye – The ideal show (recommended for ages 4 and up) to celebrate the new year with the family! On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 3:30PM, the Gaïté Lyrique presents a colourful show that will surely make you smile!
P.S. After the show, the public is invited for a “goûter” or snack in the lobby of the Gaîté Lyrique.
La Gaîté Lyrique
3 bis Rue Papin 75003
This post is also available in: French